Nyl Skincare Review: Shimmering Sugar Scrub

I cannot wait to talk to you guys about this amazing brand that I just found. NYL is a food grade, all natural, totally organic brand that makes skin care and body care items that will knock your socks off. They sent me this SHIMMERING scrub, (yes… it sparkles) just before the holidays, and I totally lost my marbles over it. I was so excited to try it out, in fact, I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a brand in a long time!

First off, let’s start with a little background info shall we? The brand’s founder, Carol Sondesky, started the brand after realizing her love of clean ingredients. She started doing her research and making her own products with her new obsession in mind. She perfected her final batch of lotion and took off. From there she has branched off into scrubs, oils, salts and soaks.



Through all the experimentation I discovered how very simple products can be quite effective and feel very luxurious- Carol


I can vouch for the shimmer scrub all day long, I am obsessed with it! It makes my body feel super soft and moisturized, AND the shimmer is the finishing touch that I needed in my life. I love the soft shimmering effect that it gives my skin. I’m also very impressed with the ingredient listing. She makes everything in the kitchen, and plans to keep it that way. Her brand is caring and simple, and it definitely shows.
  1. Organic Unrefined Cane Sugar
  2. Organic Rosehip Seed Oil
  3. Organic Meadowfoam Seed Oil
  4. Organic Grape Seed Oil
  5. Organic Vitamin E Oil (from 100% sunflower seeds)
  6. Organic Essential Oils
  7. Mica

There are only 7 ingredients in this magical skintherapy, and I can read and understand every single one! I’m also very impressed with the environmental awareness stance that they have taken as a brand. They do not test on animals, and only use ingredients that do not have a negative effect on the environment. All the packaging is also Eco-friendly glass that keeps plastic to a minimum in the landfills.


This organic shimmering scrub has a light citrus scent that I love. I also love the shimmer, of course, if you’re not a shimmer fan, then you can tone it down by patting some off with a towel.  I’m not sure why you would want to do that, but I’m no judge-r.


At $36.00, these are super affordable for the quality of product you’re getting. Going organic is going to make a world of difference in your skin. The scrubs are 8 oz, (which is a lot honestly) and made with pure love! They exfoliate, moisturize, and improve your body’s circulation while making you sparkle all at the same time. You cannot go wrong baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment