Colectivo Coffee Opens It's Doors in Logan Square

I got the best gift for Christmas last month.  It's all I could have ever wanted. Coffee.  That's right, Christmas came early for me when Colectivo Coffee opened its doors just blocks away from my apartment, at 2261 N Milwaukee Ave, on December 20th!


If you know me at all, you know I LOVE me some coffee. Actually, no surprise, I am sipping on some right now while I write this.  Of course I am also currently obsessed with anything matcha (along with everyone else on the planet).  More than just coffee, Colectivo also serves up a mean matcha latte! Their food menu is quite extensive, including all day breakfast, signature sandwiches and soup. 


 

One of my favorite things I tired on the menu that actually took me by surprise was the chorizo burrito!  Made with eggs, chorizo, black beans, pepper jack and spicy green chiles, it was the best breakfast burrito I have had in a long time.  It's not massive, just the right size to get you fueled up for your day. 

I also really enjoyed the granola and yogurt.  Normally I skip ordering things like this out, because usually it doesn't taste any better than what I could just make at home. But again, I was pleasantly surprised! In fact, the granola was so mind blowing, I took a bag home with me.  Yes, they sell it in store!



Colectivo doesn't disappoint when it comes to pastries either.  They offer an exciting assortment of fresh baked muffins, bagels and little cakes.  I ordered a peach flavored cake that was so wonderfully moist and flavorful.  You remember those gummy peach ring candies from when you were a kid?  It tasted even better than that!


 

Logan Square is hands down one of my favorite neighborhoods in Chicago. I am so excited that I have a new brunch/coffee place to go to before work or on the weekends with friends.  During their launch, Colectivo was promoting a mint matcha latte that was to die for!  It's since been removed from the menu, but I still get my fix by ordering an iced matcha latte with mint syrup added.  You can go ahead and steal that little trick.  You'll thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment