How to Style: Velvet Tee

Happy 1st day of fall! While it may not feel like fall outside, you can tell that the colors of the trees and the colors of fashion are changing. I have been in fall mode since the middle of August, so I am excited to finally wear some of my fall pieces once the temps cool off again.

A great summer into fall transitional piece that I have been loving is a velvet tee. The cut is perfect for wearing on its own or layering under a jacket. Also, all of the colors in this print make it that much easier to add into any look.

Click here to get all of my outfit details (including this gorgeous top) and keep reading to see how you can style a velvet tee!


1. Wear with Denim. This top can be dressed down by pairing it with distressed denim. I chose a black pair of denim to contrast the more feminine print, but any denim from burgundy to dark wash blue would look great.

2. Add a Statement Necklace. The top has a lot going on already, but I think adding a statement necklace incorporates something unexpected. It is an easy way to add a personal element to your velvet tee.

3. Choose Flirty Heels. Overall, this top is flirty, so I wanted to mimic that vibe with my shoes; these lace-up, mauve heels did just the trick. Any heel or flat with detailing, such as lace-up or embellishment, will tie the whole outfit together.

4. Keep Makeup and Hair Playful. Your beauty look should go with the overall look of any outfit you wear, so with this look, I wanted to keep my hair soft and my makeup understated. I really allowed the outfit to shine, while my hair and makeup supported the playful vibe.

5. Visit emilyehardt.com for weekly styling, fashion and lifestyle inspiration!

Follow me @emilyehardtblog on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Also, follow @halfstackmag on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!

Stay Classy!
---Emily Ehardt---

No comments:

Post a Comment