DIY Office Space

As summer comes to an end, there is a flood of change upon many of us. Going back to school, starting new jobs, as well as moving in & out of houses and apartments. Starting a new chapter in your life can be a bittersweet time, but nothing beats redecorating. I get so excited to dress up all my little spaces with fun and unique finds. Prepping my office space feels as if I am planning my success—my studio must be perfect in my eyes. I look at my personal desk area as a sacred area because it is where my creativity sparks. There can’t be too must distraction, but there must be room for inspiring art that gets the juices flowing. For this, I have found some of the best ways to decorate for a killer desk space.

Cork board or Whiteboard: Depending on what you will be working on in your space, it is always great to have visuals right in front of you. For work-in-progresses, you may need to work up a tentative plan you don’t want to waste paper on, so you go to your whiteboard. For creative professions or hobbies, it is always great to have an inspiration board made up of your favorite art, architecture, designs, interior decor, color schemes, prints, articles, people, etc. There are many great options available at Pottery Barn and plenty of inexpensive boards from Target.

Air Purifier: Working in tight corners can get a bit stuffy. To keep a fresh mind, set up your Essential Oil Diffuser by Arespark on your desk. It changes color to fit your mood as it revives your work space with its mist. The best deal will be found on Amazon for $18.99! 

Removable Wallpaper: This is one of my ultimate favorite tools for decorating. This works especially well with the white and grey modern look because it adds the perfect amount of color and design for a joyful space. Chasing Paper offers an abundance of removable wallpaper, and it is a low-commitment method to jazzing up the room; their styles, prints and colors are flawless. You can easily cover your whole wall behind your desk, or you can run a strips of the wallpaper horizontally or vertically for a trendy touch. I think a vertical stripe running down, centered with the desk, makes for perfection! It is not too much going on for distraction, but it is just enough flare for a fun space. 

Wire/cord square: To lessen the stressin’, spend the couple bucks it takes to keep your cords neat and out of sight. There is nothing worse than loose cords frantically dispersed while trying to focus. I have found the Quirky Cordies Cord Keeper to do wonders!

Desktop Waste Bin: It is said that every single person thinks of a million dollar idea at least once throughout their life; whether they act upon it or tuck it away for their own thoughts, it is proof of their creativity shining. I think the LAYs Mini Waste Bins for your desktop are a perfect way to keep your original ideas and innovative thinking organized. You may come up with a brilliant business plan or design, yet it is not the time to act upon ityou can put this in your bin. Having one labeled, "YES", one labeled, "NO", and one labeled, "MAYBE", allows you to hold on to all your ideas. It may not seem possible today, but it will still be available for further brainstorming later on! 

Zen Garden: Times get stressful, and we are always looking for new coping methods. A great tabletop accessory I have found to take my mind off all the intensity is a Zen Garden. Take a break from your work and sort out your thoughts while you rake through soft sand, organizing its occupants. While I love the simple, clean garden shown above by Buddha Groove, there are many different gardens. Some include candles and shells while many are made with rocks and pebbles, so feel free to browse through your options for your personal favorite for maximum relaxation. 


Unorthodox Hack: I find myself leaving my studio for drinks and snacks more than anything. I discovered the perfect hack for keeping both near my desk for whenever my cravings begin. I have had a hair utensil organizer from my previous apartment that I never found much use for until now. I store my water bottle, a bag of sriracha almonds, and a pack of tissues in it and clip it on the side of my desk (or back of your chair). It keeps the clutter out of sight, but it will prevent you from veering off from getting your tasks done! You can snag a Stylewurks Styling Tool Holder from Bed Bath & Beyond right now for $9.99!

Forget interior decorators, because you're the only one to truly know how to make your space perfect for you! Be sure to make your space unique to your personality for fluid thinking. It is your spaceyour happy space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment