Best Travel Hacks + Gadgets

Some of the most exciting shopping is searching for travel accessories and gadgets. Their purpose is to not only make life easier, but to feel like you've reached the expert travel level! There's nothing more satisfying than having lightweight, multi-use gear to get you through your exploring. As I am currently halfway across the globe, I've been able to test and approve some of my favorite accessories to travel with. 

Traveling internationally, I had to fit my life for the next four months in one suitcase under 50lbs and a weekender bag as my carry on. In order to do so, I found the most effective and productive ways to pack. Of course, there is the well-known hack to roll your clothing to fit more in your suitcase, but there are plenty more where that came from. Keeping heavier objects in a rolling carry-on also allows you to load up your checked luggage when there is weight restrictions. For those of you who are looking to show off your personal style while traveling, accessories will be your best friendwith accessories, you can make your outfit bold and stylin'. Going from casual wear to evening wear can be as simple as that! With this, you can pack all your basics to mix and match for an abundance of different outfit choices.

I have found that it is more important to find multi-use gadgets to fit your adventures' needs more so than putting technical packing hacks to use (although they also do wonders). Depending on your purpose for traveling, you may be interested in different accessories and gadgets, so I have provided my favorites across the board. 

If You're a Hiker...

Hydrobak: The best hikes require the most water, so never find yourself in danger of running dry during your adventures. My ultimate favorite hiking accessory is my Hydrobak from Camelbak. It allows me to drink water often with my hands free to stay hydrated. It also had additional storage space where I keep sunscreen, a camera, phone, a small first aid kit, etc.

Lifestraw: Depending on how intensely you hike, you may find the Lifestraw to be life-saving. It can turn river, lake and creek water into purified drinking water. It is also great, in comparison to purifying water bottles, for winter hikes when the ice sheets may prevent large access points for water. I always have this on me in case of emergency. Unfortunately, people make mistakes and take wrong turns onto unmarked trails; it is always beneficial to be prepared!

Anti-Cafe Balm: There was just one too many times where I found myself on an amazingly breathtaking hike, like nothing I have seen before, and I was distracted by my chafing thighs. As ridiculous as it seems, I actually first tried to use chapstick, mid-hike, to fix my problem; I found that it did help and wondered if anyone else had discovered a similar hack. Google, being the wonderful search engine it is, brought Body Anti-Chafe Balm to my attention. Made specifically for chafing, Body Glide is the perfect balm to relieve and/or prevent your beautiful body from undergoing such agony.

If You're Sightseeing...

JakRak by Sprigs: Trying to keep track of all your personal items during tours can get tough. The weather fluctuates, and you may no longer have a need for your jacket. Rather than continuing to trap in your body heat with your jacket tied around your waist, you can use The Sprigs JakRak to free yourself. I had yet to see anything like this before Sprigs! You can attach a baseball cap in addition to this as well. It is a great, ultra-light weight accessory to bring along to simplify your expeditions and maximize comfort, so you can focus on the experience. 
Armored Wallet: The most popular, beautiful places in the world to sightsee are, naturally, highly populated with tourists and merchants. These make up some of the most common places to be pick-pocketed or hacked. There are now little hacking machines (not-so-politically correct) that can access your credit card information without contact, but thankfully, there is a way to prevent this from happening to you. There are purses and wallets that are engineered to act as a hack-proof wall, keeping your card information safe. It sounds expensive, but I purchased an armored wallet with this function for under $5 at TJ Maxx, and it is as cute as it is convenient! 

If You're All About Fitness 'N' Bussiness...

Armband by Sprigs: For traveling, I drool over anything with "ultra-lightweight" in the name. It keeps your suitcase light and your travels simple. This is the perfect gadget for keeping your music and room key on you while going out for a run or down to the hotel gym. For a function that is bit more unorthodox, the Sprigs Armband is so thin you can wear it under your professional wear without any indication you're carrying it. I find myself attending large events with a purse or clutch that I set down to grab an appetizer or drink, and I wander into conversations without realizing my purse didn't follow! It allows you to run an easy, hands-free operation around your forearm or bicep.
Simply Fit Board: First and most importantly, the Simply Fit Board is a phenomenal workout that will leave you sore and ready for more! This is a full work out on the go. There is no need to find a gym with this workout board. It is ultra-lightweight and will fit nicely in a suitcase. This is most ideal for weekend trips; say you are out of town for a conference or event and don't want to sacrifice your daily exercise, the Simply Fit Board will easily fit in your suitcase with plenty of room to pack your outfits and other necessities. 

If You're Plans Are The Beach...

Ice Mule: I find this cooler to be absolutely brilliant! I have found myself at the beach with warm drinks too many times. This is a soft cooler that is worn as a backpack to easily transport cold beverages, food and ice. Whether you are out hiking, camping or you have plans for a well-deserved beach day, the Ice Mule has such great isolation that ice will stay solid for over 24 hours. To make this cooler even more drool-worthy, you can fit an entire case of your drink of choice. As tailgating season is creeping upon us quickly, this will be your new best friend!

Tesalate Sand-Free Towel - This is such an innovative product for a great price! The Tesalate towel is packable in addition to hitting the trends with its colorful designs and prints, so be sure to bring a camera for photoshoot on the beach. The innovation comes from its resistance to sand. You will never have to shake your towel off after laying it out on the sandy beaches! Not to mention, once it is time to retreat home from the beach, you just need to roll it back up into its bag and throw it in your purse. There is no need to drag a heavy, wet towel behind you since it has rapid-dry technology. Your beach days will become better and easier than ever before!


More than anything, never forget to look around you while you are traveling. The people watching, views off into the unknown, intricate architecture, local shops and the different ways of life can bring you more understanding of the culture than any book can. Never sleep on the experiences; I have learned to always say yes to new adventures and activities. I would rather take the opportunity than wonder what it would have been like.

No comments:

Post a Comment