The Beauty Beat - End of Summer Haul

Hey there everyone!

Welcome to the end of Summer (trying not to cry) Beauty Beat Haul. This one's focused mostly on skin products and it's pretty light as I kept my routine very simple this summer. Overall, I wanted to give my skin a break as I experienced some major hormonal breakouts late spring, but as you could tell from my last Style Feature, my skin is looking and feeling pretty wonderful. I think part of it is keeping up my skincare routine and the other part was not using as much makeup during the hotter humid days and just letting my skin breathe. So, let's jump into the products for this edition!


I added a medicated clarifying cleanser into my night and day routine and it really has kept my skin feeling great. The Murad Clarifying Cleanser is a part of a fast-acting regimen to control acne breakouts without causing redness or irritation. My main concern with cleansers is harshness. This one didn't leave me feeling stripped, but it really did a deep cleanse on my skin. For any blemishes, I would use the Murad Rapid Relief Spot Treatment to help soothe and zap zits while I slept. Although,  this can be used during the day under makeup and it definitely shrinks spots noticeably after a few hours.  This treatment does have salicylic acid, so it could be drying to some, but I would moisturize as soon as it absorbed into the skin. It was important for me to use a lightweight moisturizer in the day and a thicker night cream at night before bed.


For days where I didn't want to wear makeup, but I didn't want to feel or look too oily, I utilized the  Murad MatteffectBlotting Perfector. This is a great product for all skin types. It can be used on normal, oily and even combination skin. It is a translucent, liquid-blotting formula in an on-the-go cushion compact that instantly mattifies skin, absorbs oil, visibly minimizes pores, and perfects. It's great for those who want to dimish their pore and even out their skin without applying a ton of product. It's almost like a primer, without the slip on the skin. What I think is the best feature is the fact that it can be used to not just set makeup, but to also refresh makeup throughout the day. If you feel yourself getting a bit oily,  just pull out the compact and blot excess oil off the skin.  The unique formula dries quickly and provides a touchable softness to skin while perfecting the look of skin. It's made without sulfates and phthalates and is dermatologist developed.



My simple summer look wouldn't be complete without a bit of bronzer and blush on my cheeks for that perfect summer glow. Clarins Bronzing& blush compact is a part of the Clarins 2017 Summer Collection. This compact is truly the best of both worlds. With the Bronzer & Blush compact, you can achieve the flawless olive-colored tint you’ve been trying so hard to get all summer. It leaves the skin with a dewy glimmer without the overabundance of glitter. The blush is the perfect peachy shade to utilize as a highlighter for the high points of the cheek. 


Finally, for those days I want to really smooth and perfect the skin, I opt for al light weight concealer to help in any areas I am noticing redness (nose areas due to allergies) or need to brighten (the under eyes) before I add a lightweight powder. FACEatelier UltraSkin concealer is the ultimate lightweight foundation! Its silicone-based formula perfects the skin with a long-lasting satin finish that has a light to medium buildable coverage. The creamy texture creates a beautifully airbrushed result when used with a beauty blender sponge, but it works just as well with your fingers. It is perfect if you want a foundation that can be applied like a moisturizer without compromising performance. Ultra Skin's 11 shades cover the lightest to richest complexions and are color-matched to award-winning Ultra Foundation. No primer is even needed when applying this product. It wears beautifully and is breathable during hot and humid days.



Hope you found this latest round up helpful and informative!! 
----
Jen





No comments:

Post a Comment