How to Style: Corset Style Tops

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but this week has definitely been one of my busiest in a while, so I am excited for the weekend and to spend it with family. My fiance and I are excited to have a date night also this weekend, so I decided to search for a cool top to wear for our night out. When I came across this corset style top, I just knew it would be the perfect addition to my wardrobe and the perfect piece to wear for a night out. Corset style tops have been seen a lot lately, since the trend of lingerie inspired pieces has been huge. However, one can still look classy and sophisticated while pulling off this trend. You can still look sexy, while being classy by following my five tips below:


1. Balance Proportions. This rule is number one when it comes to styling this trend. It is so important to balance out proportions to look both sexy and classy. Since this top is very fitted in the top, yet has a peplum style bottom, pairing it with skinny jeans balances out your hips. Tossing a boxy jacket on over the top is important, so the whole look isn't fitted.

2. Vary Textures. When styling a corset top, even if it is for going out at night, you can easily make it much more casual and give it a toned down vibe by pairing it with distressed denim.

3. Choose an Amazing Shoe. The overall look is going to be edgy, so choose a shoe that suits an edgy vibe. My go-to shoe is always a pair of black, peep toe booties, but you can choose a stiletto or even a closed toe, buckled bootie.

4. Keep Jewelry Minimal. You really want the top and shape of your body to be the center of attention for your look. Whether you are curvy or not, this style top will really bring in your waist and give you more of an hourglass shape due to the peplum. A dainty necklace or bracelet is all you need to complete your look.

5. Click here to see where all of my garments for this look are from, even this edgy top, and for weekly styling tips!

Follow @emilyehardtblog on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest! Also, follow @halfstackmag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!

Stay Classy!
---Emily Ehardt---





No comments:

Post a Comment