How to Style: Bold Summer Colors

Happy Friday Half Stackers! I feel like July is flying by, but we still have all of August to enjoy this heat and wear all of our favorite summer pieces. Typically, my favorite garments to style for the summer are in neutral colors, but I am trying to embrace bold and bright hues. What I found to be the easiest way to start with this idea is by picking a single garment that has multiple colors already in it. So, as you see in the image below, this tee has a multitude of colors, which makes the styling possibilities infinite. Below you will find my five tips on how you can style bold colors for the summer.


1. Choose a Single Color. I chose this coral color to be the focus of this look, since the tee had that exact color within it. This tip allows for outfits to be more cohesive and easier to style.

2. Ground the Look. Pick a neutral, such as black, to tie the look together and so it doesn't feel overwhelming. Plus, neutrals tend to add a bit of sophistication to super bright hues.

3. Pick 1-2 Statement Pieces. This tee and the blazer were the bold statements of the outfit and drew the eye upward. I didn't want anything to compete with this statement, so I kept the lower half of my look styled in neutrals. This tip also works for highlighting your upper half, or reversing it to highlight your bottom half depending on the kind of look you desire.

4. Be Playful. Have fun with the styling of bold colors. Even pairing two colors together that are unexpected is great, since it allows your creativity and personality to shine.

5. Check out emilyehardt.com for all of my outfit details, including where I scored this tee that cost less than $15!

Follow @emilyehardtblog on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest! Follow @halfstackmag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!

Stay Classy!
---Emily Ehardt---


No comments:

Post a Comment