How to Style: Summer Shorts

Shorts season is here and is ready to stay! I am loving this great heat that we are having in the Chicagoland area and am breaking out my summer pieces. Shorts can be intimidating, as finding the right fit can be hard and not knowing what to wear them with can be just as difficult. However, below I have five tips to help you style your shorts this summer!


1. Go for Color. I typically wear a lot of neutrals (black being my favorite), but for the summer I will try some bolder colors. Whether you are into bold colors or pastel ones, find a pair of shorts in a hue that works for you. This bright coral color really plays up my skin tone and looks fun and flirty.

2. Pair with a Blouse. As seen in the photo above, I have paired my shorts with a button front blouse. This combination dresses up the shorts and makes them a little more professional looking. Bonus tip: tie the bottom of your blouse in a knot to create an interesting detail.

3. Add Great Shoes. Sometimes in the summer we revert to the ever-so comfortable flip flop. However, try upping your style game by adding a pair of fun booties or slides.

4. Be Confident. Shorts can be intimidating, but if you find a style you feel good in whether they are on the longer or shorter side, you are sure to look and feel your best. Exude confidence and have fun styling your summer shorts!

5. Click here to visit emilyehardt.com to see even more shorts styling tips!

Follow me to keep up with the latest @emilyehardtblog on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest! Also, follow @halfstackmag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!

Stay Classy!
---Emily Ehardt---

No comments:

Post a Comment