Shoe Trend - The Flat

Spring is ever so close readers! 50 degree weather in Chicago may be closer than we think. I'm ready to kick off these boots and let my feet breath. I love that we are seeing an abundance of flat shoes styles this spring in the fashion rags. From funky gym shoes, pointed flats, and cut out styles to the ever popular classic ballet flat, the shoe styles have gotten stylishly comfy this spring.

Images courtesy of Ja-vie.com

There was a point in time when I would only rock a heel, but as I've grown older - my confidence in my short frame along with my ability to feel at ease running around at work and after a 2 year old - I've learned to appreciate the comfort and class of a flat shoe. That's not to say that I don't still rock the heel on important meeting days, but rather I've learned to pack a second pair of flats in my bag for when I am dealing with life afterwards.

When I look for the perfect pair of flats I keep 3 things in mind: price, practicality and comfort. I look for price points within my budget or if I am going to splurge; I make sure that the product is of the highest quality in order to get the most use out of the shoe. This is so important because those every day flats end up becoming your fall back shoe when you are not sure about what to pair your look with. Practicality is important as well. I try to stick with neutrals in order for the flats to work with an array of outfits. Finally, comfort is so important. Don't let the word "flat" fool you into thinking that the shoe is automatically comfortable. You need to try the shoes on for size to ensure they don't rub against your achilles tendon or cause blisters on any part of your foot. Things like heel liners or insoles can make it feel like you are walking on blissful air.

I recently had the chance to try out some great flats that meet all the above requirements: Ja-Vie Flats. Ja-Vie's fashion forward flats are cute and pain free and they retail for $68. They have a lightweight jelly outsole combined with a soft double-ply mercerized breathable cotton knit "sock" inside. The interior creates a second-skin flexible fit. They're perfect for alleviating existing foot pain, preventing swelling and forming any blisters. They're the perfect combination of comfort and style.



The brand was launched by a husband and wife duo (Natalie and Eric) with a background in supply chain management. During Natalie's first pregnancy she had complications with the delivery that caused severe pelvic bone separation and ultimately pain when walking. To help alleviate her pain, but still keep her feeling stylish Eric and Natalie spent two years developing a better shoe. They finally perfected the prototype and they named the brand “JA-VIE” - after their 2 beautiful children Javier and Viera.

The shoes come in a variety of colors and their spring collection is bright and colorful - the perfect pick me up after this long gloomy winter. You can pick up a pair online at: www.ja-vie.com or visit their store locator here.

2 comments:

  1. After some debating I strayed from my preferred brand and got a pair of these in the bomber brown. The color is fabulous, and the soft pink stitching is gorgeous. From top shoe brands list they are cute whether you are wearing them with jeans, dresses, or shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific article, and I would like more information if you have any.I am looking for best crossfit shoes.I am fascinated with this topic and your post has been one of the best I have read.

    ReplyDelete